It's that time of year when we all want to see flowers starting to bloom, trees and grass regaining their color, and the weather outside getting nice enough for us to start doing more things outside. Spring is coming, so it's time to prepare.
When the warm weather arrives, you'll want to head out to the beach, pool, lake, or hiking trails, or maybe you'll just want to grill up some food in the backyard while soaking up some vitamin D. If you're like us, you'll be looking for every excuse you can find to enjoy some outdoor activities.
There are a few things to keep in mind as spring gets near. You'll likely be more active and sweating a bit more, so stay hydrated. And along with the warmer weather usually comes less clothing to stay cool, so keep some sunblock on hand for those times when you'll be in the sun for prolonged periods. Of course, along with fewer clothes might come the desire to be in a little better physical shape, so now is the time to start that exercise program and cleaner eating you've been thinking of or you should at least ramp up your current efforts.
Here's a quick and easy checklist to make sure you're ready for spring:
- Drink Water: Even if you're not exercising or doing anything overly active, stay hydrated. It's vital to good health, keeps you looking youthful, and helps constantly push any toxins out of your system.
- Eat Well: You probably want to look your best for the outdoor weather, so if you aren't already doing it, watch what you're eating. A well-balanced, healthy diet will also keep you energetic.
- Bring Sunblock: A bit of sunshine is good for you, but too much can cause problems. If you're going to be in the sun for more than 15-20 minutes, bring some sunblock or find some shade. You'll prevent serious problems down the road.
- Exercise: This is something you should be doing all year regardless, but if your goal is to slim down by spring and summer, now's the time to put in the effort (combined with your healthy eating). You can even combine exercise with the nice weather by doing it outdoors, but don't forget to stay hydrated and protect your skin.
- Stop & Enjoy: Spring is all about life and rejuvenation, and not just for plants and animals,” it means you, too. Once it warms up, get out in nature, breathe in the fresh air, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the season.
When spring arrives, get out there and enjoy the healthful season of outdoor fun and revitalization.